Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Stopover at Isle of Palms, South Carolina

Since I couldn't leave the States without seeing my extended family, I left last Saturday for South Carolina and the Donnalley family reunion.  I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to go this year (since I've missed the last two) and to see my cousins, who are surprisingly much bigger than I remember!  The weather was beautiful, and the water was unusually warm.  I went running every morning, hung out on the beach all day, and hung out with 21 of my family members all weekend long.
I'm back in Atlanta now with only a few hours until I have to pack up the car again and leave for Peace Corps staging downtown.  I feel confident that I can handle the international travel, but a little nervous about not having my three South American sidekicks...
Wish me luck!

No comments: